Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding second depth sounder
09-08-16, 04:47 PM
Adding second depth sounder
Hello,
Can a second depth transducer be installed near DF6 transducer? I was looking to add a Hawkeye depth read out at rear of boat for convenience. It runs at 200khz. If so, how do I install so to keep cross talk down? If CHIRP works at many frequencies, would even be a problem?
Thanks, Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-16, 02:50 PM
RE: Adding second depth sounder
Hello Bill,
Adding a second transducer on the back of the boat shouldn't be an issue with cross-talk or frequencies with the DF6 wide spectrum CHIRP sonar technology.
You however would want to make sure that you maintain clean water passage (no cavitation) over and around both transducers so no loss of bottom occurs with either product.
09-11-16, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-16 01:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Mark. As recommended, I tilted the DF transd. down one more notch and it really helped maintain bottom while on plane. More rooster tail spray but it isn't kicking up. Finding clear water isn't an easy task.

Bill
09-12-16, 01:38 PM
You're welcome.
10-07-16, 08:56 PM
Follow-up...
Added the second depth transducer, no problems or cross talk at all. While re-doing everything, I placed both ducers on a 6x12 starboard and moved DF ducer toward the keel about an inch, away from a lifting strake. Other ducer between keel and DF. No loss of bottom and very clear readings. Full fish arches. Depth reading are within 1/10 foot of each other. Moving away from strake and farther out from transom seems to really make a difference on finding clear water.
10-09-16, 10:56 AM
Bill,

Glad to learn of your success and thanks for the follow-up.