Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not marking any fish Dragonfly 4 Pro
09-18-16, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-16 08:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Not marking any fish Dragonfly 4 Pro
I purchased the Dragonfly 4 Pro and updated the MFD to the latest version. Before and after the upgrade I still cannot mark any fish. So, I am wondering, do I have to have the DVS transducer to mark fish? I'm not sure what transducer shipped with my Dragonfly 4 Pro.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-16, 09:01 AM
RE: Not marking any fish Dragonfly 4 Pro
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Scrid,

All Dragonfly displays are packaged with a transducer supporting both CHIRP (conical) and DownVision fishfinder sonar imaging. I personally find it easier to identify fish using the product's CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar, as the colors of the CHIRP (conical) make fish stand out more. I principally use DownVision for location and identification of structure, where its monochromatic imaging can be very helpful. If continuing to have the reported problem when configured to display CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar and configured for AUTO fishfinder settings, then please indicate the shallowest and deepest depths which you are seeking to fish.
09-05-17, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-17 09:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
This unit still refuses to mark fish regardless of settings.
A moderator here sent me a new transducer and after installing the new transducer and updating the software the unit still does not perform.
I ran my old third party fishfinder along side it and the third party marks the fish in areas where I know they are holding from past experience.
This unit must be defective or in need of service or testing.
09-06-17, 09:41 AM
Scrid,

Should you be using the display's CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar, not DownVision sonar, and be experiencing the reported issue, then it would be recommended that the Dragonfly display be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.