Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advanced Options greyed out on a98
09-20-16, 09:08 AM
Advanced Options greyed out on a98
I have an a98 running v17.45-00403. Periodically, the Advanced Options menu page where I turn SonarCharts on and off becomes greyed out so none of the menu options can be accessed. Sometimes this happens when SonarCharts is off, so it cannot be turned on. Sometimes it happens when SonarCharts is on, so it cannot be turned off. In this latter case, however, while old SonarCharts Live tracks still show on the Chart application, the a98 ceases to create new SonarCharts Live tracks. To date, I have not found any consistent way of getting these Advanced Options menu choices to cease being grey and go back to being black so I can access them again. For example, it makes no difference whether Sonar Logging is turned on or off. I have also tried removing all user logs from the Navionics card, which causes old SonarCharts Live tracks to disappear, but makes no difference to the Advanced Options menu remaining greyed out. However, after a while, if I keep trying to access these menu options, eventually they go black again and begin behaving normally.

When it is in this mode, all other a98 applications seem to operate perfectly well - only the Advanced Options menu items are greyed out. If it helps, I have observed two occasions when the a98 was operating normally and I was creating a SonarCharts Live track, when the a98 spontaneously rebooted itself. When it finished the boot cycle, the Advanced Options menu page was now greyed out and the SonarCharts Live track stopped adding new data.

If you wish me to do any troubleshooting, the current status of the a98 (boat sitting on a trailer in my driveway) is that when I turn it on, the Advanced Options menu is greyed out with SonarCharts Live turned on.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. I am really loving the a98 and Rev 17 software in all other aspects but this one issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-16, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-16 03:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Advanced Options greyed out on a98
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Doug,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing inability to access the Advanced Options menu. With respect to the system's stability when logging, it is recommended that the MFD's Logs (i.e. error logs ... see the MFD's Diagnostics menu) be saved and attached to this thread to support investigation of the stability issue reported.
09-20-16, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the workaround, I will use that until a permanent fix is available.

I did the log file download to the micro SD card I have in the second slot for storing data. I have attached the only file that the forum software would allow me to upload - with all other files, I got an error message saying that the file type I attempted to upload is not allowed.
09-20-16, 04:32 PM
I am attaching a screen grab which shows the contents of the micro SD card after the log file download. It appears there are log files in .txt format, but I could not get the forum software to allow me to upload any of them - in all cases I got an error message saying that type of file is not allowed to be uploaded.