Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seatalk Fail / SmartPilot
09-20-16, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-16 03:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Seatalk Fail / SmartPilot
I appreciate the information--this gives me more information as I make the next decisions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-16, 03:24 PM
You're welcome.
09-22-16, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-16 03:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Not sure if I need to go here yet but,
Looking for an X30 to replace the S3 I found a couple on E-Bay which were sold in the range of $1200 to $1500. But, sold. However it looks like they are no longer in production either. So, if I were to continue on this road of Nav System Improvement .... What is the next unit up that is still in production. Which will also accept all my Sea Talk instruments including being connected to ST7001 autopilot.
09-22-16, 04:02 PM
The last series of autopilot course computers produced by Raymarine which would have been compatible with the ST7001 would have been the SPX Autopilots which were retired more than three years ago. The Evolultion autopilots replace the SPX autopilots, are vastly superior with respect to heading performance, but a not compatible with the ST7001, requiring that the autopilot control head be replaced. While most devices having a SeaTalk communications interface may be adapted to be interfaced to a SeaTalkng backbone which is used to network Evolution autopilot components, it would be necessary to have you supply a complete list of the current system's devices to respond accurately regarding compatibility. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.