Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing all electronics
09-28-16, 09:29 AM
RE: Replacing all electronics
Thanks Chuck. That is really helpful. I will make modifications and send a post a new diagram via pdf.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-16, 09:39 AM
You're welcome.
09-28-16, 10:24 AM
Attached is the revised network diagram. It got a little cluttered when I moved connections. I moved the ITC-5 to the middle of the backbone and put the power in there. I added an E22158 and connected the i70, P70, and ST60 to it and have a terminator on the end. Not clear what cable I will use from the ST60 to the converter. The other backbone terminator is on the 5 way connector. The two MFDs attach to the backbone with drop cables. Sorry for the messiness in the middle. I hope to start pulling cables on Friday. At 78 this new technology is not as easy to learn as it was at 22!
09-28-16, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-16 12:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Randy,

- your diagram still incorrectly shows a line connecting the HS5 RayNet Network Switch to one of the spur sockets within the SeaTalkng backbone ... this line should be removed.
- green lines connecting each of your MFDs to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch will need to be added to your diagram. These Ethernet connections are accomplished using appropriate lengths of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
- Colors and labeling changes:
----- blue - SeaTalkng backbone
----- purple - SeaTalkng spur
----- green - Ethernet network (radome interfaced via Digital Radar Cable; MFDs interfaced via RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable)
09-28-16, 12:05 PM
Chuck,
I have made the line changes in the attached PDF. Now there are two connections to each MFD - one hs cable and one ng drop cable. Is this correct?
I do not understand your comment about changes in colors for the lines. The colors I use seem to be what you are recommending. What am I missing?
Thanks again for sticking with me on this.
Randy
09-28-16, 12:11 PM
One thing I missed - what cable do I need to connect the ST60 to the yellow port on the E22158 converter?
09-28-16, 12:18 PM
Chuck,
Sorry I just realized you were saying the labels I am using are wrong. I changed them in the attached PDF
09-28-16, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-16 08:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Randy,

The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit is supplied with a cable having a plug which is designed to be mated to the press-fit 3-pin SeaTalk socket of ST60 Instruments. Should this cable not be sufficiently long enough, then it may be mated to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block which may then be joined to the ST60 Instrument via an appropriate length of SeaTalk cable having press-fit 3-pin SeaTalk plugs on each end.
09-28-16, 12:58 PM
Thank you for sticking with me on this. I have cleaned up the "spaghetti bowl" in the diagram and have a cleaner version if it is of value to you for the forum. I have attached the PDF.
09-28-16, 05:30 PM
Chuck,
Help me understand these forums. When some other person views or joins this thread will they be able to access the attachments that I have put on my posts?
Randy