Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TackTick wireless wind transmitter not transmitting
09-25-16, 03:55 PM
TackTick wireless wind transmitter not transmitting
I have a TackTick wireless wind transmitter and MN30 display that came with my boat when I purchased it a year ago. Both have worked flawlessly until the recent tropical storm passed the west coast of Florida a couple of weeks ago. I first noticed a problem when after the storm passed we went sailing and I noticed the anemometer had ceased spinning and the display was showing no wind direction and speed as dashes. Assuming that the bearings needed replacing, I went up the mast and retrieved the transmitter. Since I had it down, I opted to replace the battery also. After replacing the battery and the bearing kit I tried in vain to re-pair the transmitter with the display as outlined in the manual with no success. I set the unit out in bright sunlight to charge the battery in case it might not be fully charged and tried again, with no success. Is there any way to test the transmitter to determine if it is actually transmitting? It has always been a reliable unit and I hate to replace it if I don't need to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-16, 03:22 PM
RE: TackTick wireless wind transmitter not transmitting
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sharkwatcher,

Given the symptoms reported, it is recommended that both the wind transducer and display be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply