Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finishing the install
10-10-16, 08:50 AM
Finishing the install
I have installed CPT 120, DST 800, Wind Vane #E22079. All three need to be connected to something. I have a Seatalk NG starter kit not laid out yet. I have a A98 for the aft cockpit of my Irwin Mk II 40. I am placing a Vesper XB6000 AIS in a cockpit locker and the HD418D is being mounted on the mast. The new V50 B&G VHF is being located just aft of midships in the Nav station. I want to network all the items together. I know I need two Seatalk NG to NMEA 2000 drop cables one for the VHF and one for the AIS. I don't know what I need to add the transducers to the network. I also don't know what I need to continue the network forward to the Nav station from the cockpit. So would I be better to buy another starter kit. Or what cables and gear are needed to continue the network forward? What cables or gear are needed to add the transducers to the equation? What Cables and or gear do I need to add my PC to the network?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-16, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-16 12:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Finishing the install
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lockjr,

The CPT-120 must be interfaced directly to the a98 MFD's Transducer socket.

The Raymarine DST800 Smart Depth/Speed/Temp Transducer is designed to interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone to which the a98 MFD will also be interfaced as a spur. The SeaTalkng backbone should be constructed with sufficient spur sockets to additionally accommodate connecting the

If seeking to interface a PC to the system, then it is recommended that one of the following methods be employed depending upon the navigational application being used with the computer:
- a NMEA 2000 to USB interface (ex. Actisense NGT-1, Digital Yacht NAVLINK WiFi NMEA2000 Server w/USB, etc.) be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone
- a NMEA 2000 to Wi-Fi interface (ex. Digital Yacht NAVLINK WiFi NMEA2000 Server, etc.) be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone
- a NMEA 0183 to USB interface (ex. Actisense NGW-1-STNG, etc.) be interfaced the MFD's NMEA 0183 Port 1 leads
- a NMEA 0183 to Wi-Fi interface (Digital Yacht WLN10, etc.) be interfaced the MFD's NMEA 0183 Port 1 leads

Please additionally note that an i70 / i70S MFID is required within the system to calibrate speed/temp data, apply depth offset, and configure depth/temp/speed related alarms when using an analog instrument transducer which as been interfaced to an iTC-5 analog Instrument Transducer Converter or Smart Depth, Speed, or Temp Transducer.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to interface the radome to the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply