Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C120 Classic MFD cursor key
09-27-16, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-16 09:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
C120 Classic MFD cursor key
In the past, our MFD's left cursor button went inoperative. Our workaround, until we got to shore and shipped it off for repair, was to go around the world via large scale and right cursor to put the cursor where we needed it. The MFD was subsequently repaired, but is now experiencing this problem again. As this has been addressed before (but long out of warranty, I'm sure), does this spell the demise of this unit?

From my prior instance, I believe this to not be a user-serviceable, or, likely, even a local shop rep-serviceable, event. The tech, who I regard as very competent, declined to get inside the unit in this case.

So, I assume it will go back again. My recollection is foggy as to what was the issue, but I *think* that it was a ribbon cable. If that is a recurrent failure, it seems that some more permanent solution might have, by this time, be achieved.

Is there hope for my MFD? Is there anything =I= can do in the time between now and when we return to where we could comfortably wait while we ship it off?

L8R

Skip
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-16, 09:53 AM
RE: C120 Classic MFD cursor key
Skip,

The problem reported is typically linked to a failure of the MFD's keyboard PCB. Unfortunately, as this product was introduced more than 12 years ago, many parts are no longer available. However, at the time of this response, Raymarine's Product Repair Center had indicated that they could still make the repairs associated with the reported issue. Accordingly, it is recommended that the MFD be shipped to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
10-14-16, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-16 09:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks. That's what I anticipated to be the answer, and will do.

L8R

Skip

Unrelated: I have a CF card, and, downloaded from another cruiser at the time several years ago, the most current firmware in my computer (copied from HIS card). I can't seem to make my card work. If I sent it with my MFD, could you put that data on it? I don't need it, but I'd like to be able to have it for a fellow cruiser should the need arise...
10-14-16, 09:09 AM
Skip,

Should the letter describing the MFD's problem additionally include a request to update your MFD with the latest C-Series Classic MFD software, then the MFD's software will be updated accordingly. There is no need to send any additional files on CF media along with the MFD to accomplish this end.
10-31-16, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-16 02:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I'm hung up in trying to register it for repair.

I presume that this is an E02023 - but the system doesn't recognize the part number. and the selection tree, even though there's a c120 listed, doesn't find one to select.

How do I go about getting an RMA or whatever else may be needed, or can I just box it up and provide the description of the issue, the return location, my email and shipping address?

Thanks.
10-31-16, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-16 02:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Skip,

The part number for a C120 MFD is E02022, not E02023. This number, along with the MFD's serial number may be found on the back side of the MFD. RMAs are neither issued nor required for product repairs. Simply enclose a brief note within the product's package including the following information:
- name
- contact information
- shipping information
- brief description of the problem or service to be rendered.
11-02-16, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-16 08:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks, Chuck,

My exploration of the website, including/starting with the link you gave me doesn't show where to send this.

My recollections in the past included some modifier beyond Raymarine and 9 Townsend West. Is that all I need?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip
11-03-16, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-16 08:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Skip,

Please note that the Raymarine Product Repair Center link provided within my initial response should have taken you to Raymarine's Warranty & Repairs web page. Clicking on the Out of Warranty Repairs link on that web page would have in turn taken you to the Out of Warranty Repair which includes address information for Raymairne's Product Repair Centers, including that for the Americas.
11-03-16, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-16 01:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
That was where I fell into the pit. The link leads me to a dealer page to fill out.

However, the MFD is on its way as I write; your CS department gave me the format for the label.

Thanks for all your assistance.
11-03-16, 01:50 PM
You're welcome.