Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV-1 "No Pilot" (SeaTalk connected but not Receiving)
10-08-16, 01:24 PM
EV-1 "No Pilot" (SeaTalk connected but not Receiving)
This is a new installation of an EV -1 wheel pilot with P70 control head.
It worked successfully for a week.
Then the P70 would not light up. Raymarine sent me new P70.
New p70 lights up, but I cannot use the setup Wizard because "No Pilot" message appears.
On the ACU-100, Leds are green, then red 7x. "Seatalk connected, not receiving"
Both ACU and SeaTalk bus have separate 12v power, all fuses OK.
Multimeter on the drive motor connector does not show power, but I figure that is because motor is not is use? Correct?
Any help appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-16, 12:17 PM
RE: EV-1 "No Pilot" (SeaTalk connected but not Receiving)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum CW,

The autopilot's drive unit would not be responsible for the reported issue and correspondingly testing the autopilot's drive unit would not be applicable to address the reported symptom. Should the p70, ACU-100, and EV-1 Sensor core each be interfaced via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone (recommend that you verify that backbone's two blue termination plugs have been correctly installed), then it would appear that more than one autopilot components may have been damaged at the time to that the p70 was damaged/failed. It is recommended that the p70's About System feature (MENU->S->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT SYSTEM) be executed to determine whether p70 can detect the other two autopilot's components featuring a SeaTalkng communications interface (i.e. ACU-100 and EV-1 Sensor Core) and any other SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 devices. Should any one or both or the remaining Evolution autopilot components not be detected by the p70, then the corresponding Evolution autopilot component(s) should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply