Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e97 card reader problem
10-13-16, 01:23 PM
e97 card reader problem
I have a e97 S/N:1150040 which was installed in January 2016.
Everything worked fine until July when the unit started to reboot intermittently. This got worse within a few weeks and I started to check all connections. Everything was fine, voltages stable at 12.89V.
By chance I removed the Navionics chart and everything went back to working fine (but no chart). I replaced the chart and thought I had solved the issue. Two days ago (10/11) I went out on the boat and the same issue reappeared. Again I removed the chart and we are back at square one. I tested the charts I removed in another unit and they will not work. Is there an easy fix to this or do I need to send in the unit?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-16, 01:27 PM
RE: e97 card reader problem
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bajanfisherman,

We're sorry to learn of the reported issue with your e97 MFD. Unfortunately, replacement of a MFD's microSD memory would require that the MFD be removed from the boat and then sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
10-13-16, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-16 03:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks, I thought as much.
I will remove the unit and send for repairs.
How is the warranty repair handled?
10-13-16, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-16 04:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Warranty questions should typically be addressed to Raymarine's Warranty Manager (warranty@raymarine.com). Should you have product sales documentation, then it should accompany the product to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center. Without this documentation, the product's production date (found within the serial number of the product) or the date that the product was sold to the distributor or dealer will be used for warranty purposes. Raymarine products of this vintage carried a two-year manufacturer's warranty which may have been extended to three year is registered via Raymarine's website within thirty days of purchasing the product.