Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Networking question
10-14-16, 05:28 PM
Networking question
First time using this forum. I used the older one once with great success and hoping to keep that going.

On my boat, my electronics consist of an e120, DSM 300, and what I think is a b260 airmar. I also have an ev-200 autopilot.

Recently, I aquired an E7d. I'd like to use that as a replacement for the e120. I know I can get the adapter (E66066 I think) cable to hook my transducer directly to the e7d but I do fish the canyons in deep water so I want more than 800 ft max. I've done a bunch of searching and came up with what I think will work but I just want to verify first. Looking to have everything talking to eachother......

-E7d to ev200 through seat talk ng

-B260/Dsm to e7d via sea talk hs (Ethernet) with adapter cable (a80160 I think) to the NETWORK (not transducer) port on back of e7d

Please let me know it that last cable is correct. Thanks so much!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-16, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-16 10:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Networking question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum 94gts,

Should your DSM be operational, then your suggestion regarding how include your DSM within the system would be correct ... the currently installed SeaTalkhs (M) to RJ45 Cable may be adapted (w/A80160 RayNet (F) to SeaTalkhs (F) Adapter) for use the e7D MFD. Your understanding of how to interface the e7D to the autopilot is also correct ... i.e. as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone. To learn more about replacing an E-Series Classic MFD with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, click here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply