Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eS series MFD firmware updates
10-17-16, 03:00 PM
eS series MFD firmware updates
We are looking at using a Wirie Pro for Wifi and Cellular connections on the boat. I believe there is a problem/conflict in connecting the MFD to the Wirie Pro?

If this is true, how else do you recommend upgrading firmware on the MFD?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-16, 03:11 PM
RE: eS series MFD firmware updates
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lazybones,

Please click here to view a thread in which I had addressed this subject. Should such a conflict exist, then the MFD, as well as compatible Raymarine products which have been designed to be updated via a MFD (ex. i70/i50/i60 instruments, Evolution autpilot components, etc.)) may be updated via a microSD memory card. The microSD memory card would correspondingly be populated with software update files downloaded to a computer from Raymarine's website. Another option would be to configure one's smartphone as a Wi-Fi hotspot and then have the MFD connect to the smartphone to download software updates wirelessly.
10-19-16, 11:44 AM
Thanks, that will work perfectly.
10-20-16, 07:40 AM
You're welcome.
10-21-16, 11:56 AM
Chuck:

Are there any products that you recommend for a wifi network onboard to which the MFD can connect and work properly?
10-21-16, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-16 01:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Lazybones,

Unfortunately, I don't have any specific Wi-Fi networking products to recommend for onboard use. However, when seeking such products, it is recommended that the manufacturer be contacted to ensure that it is not restricted to issuing IP addresses within Class A Private Network IP addressing range (10.x.x.x).