Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly screen glare?
10-19-16, 07:16 PM
Dragonfly screen glare?
I have a Dragonfly 5 Pro fishfinder on my kayak. When it came out of the box, there was a clear plastic sheet protecting the MFD screen. I left this on in order to provide an extra layer of scratch protection. But this plastic sheet does create some glare making the screen hard to read in direct sun. So I am wondering if the main screen surface beneath this is any better at glare reduction. If it is not a low-glare screen, I will leave the protective plastic sheet on. If it is a low-glare screen, then I will remove the protective sheet. Once removed, it obviously cannot be put back on, so that is why I am writing for advice before doing anything.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-16, 08:21 AM
RE: Dragonfly screen glare?
Jim,

The screen of Dragonfly displays feature anti-reflective coating which is designed for use with polarized sunglasses. During manufacturing, a sheet of clear plastic material positioned atop the Dragonfly screen and is taped to the body of the Dragonfly display to protect the display's screen from damage during installation. This clear plastic material has no anti-reflective coating and is intended to be removed from the Dragonfly display following installation. Raymarine now offers sun covers for the latest Dragonfly 4, 5, and 7 displays to provide a level of protection from UV and physical damage when the product is not in use. The part numbers for the Dragonfly 4 and 5 sun covers are respectively A80371 and A80372.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply