Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAM200IP Installation
02-21-16, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-16 09:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
CAM200IP Installation
I have purchased the Raymarine CAM200IP and would like to install it on top of my hard top but the base / mount does not appear to have a waterproof method to route the cables through my hardtop.

Do you have any recommendations of how I could accomplish this? I believe the camera is fully waterproof with the IP67 rating.

Many thanks!

Jeff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-16, 09:42 AM
RE: CAM200IP Installation
Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Jeff,

When seeking to pass a cable through an exterior bulkhead, top, etc., a commonly available third party marine grade gland seal would typically be used.
02-29-16, 11:21 AM
Thanks for your input but I now have an additional question - I need to mount the camera about 6 inches to a foot higher than the existing mount in order properly see behind my boat. The CAM200 lists an Adjustable Mounting Bracket (R08201) but I don't see any additional mounting brackets / extensions for the CAM200IP. Can you recommend a taller mount for the camera or provide any details that will help me locate a suitable extension?

Kindest regards,

Jeff
03-01-16, 08:35 AM
Jeff,

Like the CAM100, Raymarine only offers a single mounting base for the CAM200IP. Should you need a taller mount, it would be either necessary to build up the mounting surface to the desired height or to source a custom mount. With respect to the latter, the CAM200IP features M10 female threads on the side opposite its lens.
03-01-16, 09:07 AM
Thank you very much for your prompt response. The feedback on the screw/threads should really help.
03-01-16, 10:14 AM
You're welcome.