Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T122 not registering on MFD
10-31-16, 06:44 AM
T122 not registering on MFD
I can’t seem to get my T122 to work. I have wired it to my e7 MFD power data cable and wired the power as well. From the MFD I select Setup->Data Sources->Wind and nothing shows up. My T120 transmitter is talking to the T120 display.

I do have the following configured: Setup->System Settings->NMEA Input Port 1 = NMEA 4800

NMEA Input Port 2 = AIS 38400 ( its wired to my AIS receiver).

MFD _________________ T122
port 1 in (+) <- white <- out (+)
port 1 in (-) <- green <- out (-)

port 1 out (+) -> yellow -> in (+)
port 1 out (-) -> brown -> in (-)

I’m not sure if it’s related, but recently my AIS stopped working (port 2), I’m not sure if that’s related.

Please let me know if there is something I am doing wrong, or if there is some way I can debug this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-16, 04:00 PM
RE: T122 not registering on MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum pwolfpwolf,

Please note that care must be employed when interfacing the MFD to the MicroNet Wireless Interface to prevent data looping. Unless a programmable NMEA 0183 multiplexer (programmed to only pass instrument data sentences) is installed between the NMEA 0183 output of the wireless interface and the MFD's NMEA 0183 input port (programmed to not transmit data sentences including instrument data), a data loop may be created.

Regarding the specific problem reported, there may be an issue the fault may be rooted in any one of the following:
- faulty NMEA 0183 wiring ... test each circuit end to end for continuity
- a fault with the MFD's NMEA 0183 ports ... Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test the MFD's NMEA 0183 ports.
- a fault with the NMEA 0183 port of the wireless transmitter ... should the MFD's NMEA 0183 ports be found to be operational, then the wireless transmitter's NMEA 0183 output terminals may be interfaced to the MFD's NMEA 0183 input leads. The corresponding NMEA 0183 input port (Rx) buffer of the MFD may then examined to determine whether it is receiving any data sentences from the wireless transmitter. If so, then the devices are communicating and all one need then do is configure the MFD to display Wind data ... recommend starting with apparent wind.
03-01-17, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-17 02:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
I tried what you suggested. It's not working, I don't see anything in the diagnostics. I know the ports work on the MFD because I have had the AIS running on each at one time.

I guess I will have to return the T122, as it seems to be dead.
03-01-17, 02:46 PM
pwolfpwolf,

Did you test the MFD's NMEA 0183 Port 1 as had been specified? If so, what was the result of the test?
03-01-17, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-17 04:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Yes, I tried port 1. I saw nothing. But when I hooked my AIS to port 1 I could see the NMEA sentences coming from the AIS.
03-03-17, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-17 04:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Peter,

Per our conversation, it is recommended that the T122 be charged for 48 to 72 hours. After charging the T122, it will need to be "Auto Networked" with the T120 Display. To Auto Network (see the yellow Auto Networking guide packaged with the Tacktic product):
1. Position the T122 within 12" of the T120 Display
2. Press the T120 Displays's circle button and hold pressed for 2 seconds
3. Press the T120 Displays's down arrow key to display OPTIONS
4. Press the T120 Displays's right arrow key to display AUTONETWORKING
5. Press and release the T120 Displays's circle key ... the T120 display will report UNIT ADDED when the devices have been networked.
03-05-17, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-17 11:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
I tried doing this but it didn't work. After charging it for over 72 hours, I did those steps to pair it, but it never said: UNIT ADDED. It did say:

1. It said:"Wait" this counted down. then
2. then it said: "Join" and counted down.
3. Then went back to the regular display.

I think this particular unit might be dead.
03-06-17, 12:15 PM
Peter,

The behavior which you have reported, although not exactly as had been stated, is considered to be consistent with devices which have been successfully autonetworked. It is recommended that the T122 be interfaced to your system and that you then verify that your system is receiving data from the Tacktick system. If not, then it is recommended that the T122 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.