Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST1000 Tillerpilot and ST60+ Compass
11-06-16, 09:29 AM
ST1000 Tillerpilot and ST60+ Compass
I have yet to install my Tillerpilot. I had some mechanical issues with mounting the bracket. However, I also have a logic/data question.
If I have a ST60+ Compass with heading data and also a ST1000 Tillerpilot with heading data, if they are both connected via Seatalk, how will a conflict be avoided?
A related question is that the ST60+ is finicky. Sometimes it locks up, sometimes its blank and sometimes it works. It is the last of four Seatalk instruments in the string. I was guessing maybe it was power, but at least the spade connectors appeared in good order. So the second question is where do I look to diagnose an intermittent ST60+ Compass?
So to tie the two questions together, whatever is wrong with the ST60+, if that quits, how will that affect or be affected by the ST1000?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-16, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-16 04:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: ST1000 Tillerpilot and ST60+ Compass
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum DeltaBravo60604,

These products did not support more than one source of any specific type of data within the system. The additional source(s) of data will cause the reported value to for the associated data item to rapidly change in response to the vauler reported by each source. Accordingly, one would not expect that a ST60 Compass w/flugate compass would be interfaced to the same SeaTalk bus that included a Raymarine autopilot. The ST1000 is exclusively designed to use heading data which is derived from the fluxgate compass which has been interfaced to it. Should a repeater display have been desired to display heading, then the fluxgate compass would have been directed to be disconnected from the ST60 Compass and the ST60 Compass would then repeat heading data (at a 1 Hz data update rate) from the autopilot. Should the ST60 Compass display's update rate not be fast enough for you when configured as a repeater, then it should be disconnected from the SeaTalk bus and instead operated as a stand-alone instrument. Should the performance of the ST60 Compass not be satisfactory when operated in an stand-alone configuration, then it may indicate a problem with the fluxgate compass which has been interfaced to it. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test the ST60 Compass's fluxgate compass. Should the ST60 Compass appear to not have sufficient power, then connecting its unused SeaTalk socket to the same 12VDC circuit supplying power to the SeaTalk bus would rule out the possibility of insufficient power being responsible for the problem reported. Should a problem be identified with the ST60 Compass, the it would need to be replaced with a second hand ST60 Compass Instrument as Raymarine can no longer provide service for ST60 instruments.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply