Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G-Series Command Center Keyboard E02044
11-09-16, 08:48 AM
G-Series Command Center Keyboard E02044
I've just purchased a boat with the G-Series Command Center Keyboard connected to an E series MFD via SeaTalk.

The keyboard does not ever move beyond the startup screen showing software rev 2.7/1.5 and the serial number. The unit seems to be alive to the extent that I can press a key and either light up the keys or the unit will "beep".

The internal battery of the command center keyboard will charge as indicated by the battery icon in the display which would indicate to me it is at least connected via SeaTalk.

Pressing keys does not seem to have any impact upon the functioning of the MFD.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Tim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-16, 10:48 AM
RE: G-Series Command Center Keyboard E02044
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tim,

When powered, the Command Center Keyboard's LCD will display the keyboard's software version and serial number and continue to display this information when in use. While it would not have been common that a G-Series Command Center Keyboard be interfaced to system featuring E-Series Classic MFD's (a Compact Keyboard would have been more commonly recommended), doing so was not prohibited. The G-Series keyboards (both Command Center Keyboard and Compact Keyboard) were designed to be interfaced to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone to which the MFD had also been interfaced as a spur. In such cases, the MFD's SeaTalk2 Keyboard configuration setting (MENU->SYSTEM SETUP->SYSTEM INTEGRATION->SEATALK2 KEYBOARD) should be configured to the ALL setting. Accordingly, it is recommended that the MFD's SeaTalk2 Keyboard setting be checked. If properly configured, then it would be recommended the MFD's installation be checked to verify that it has been directly interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone via the MFD's SeaTalk2/NMEA 2000 port. Finally, it is recommended that the MFD's software level be inspected to ensure that it has been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply