Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depth for a Product Upgrae
11-09-16, 03:21 PM
Sad Depth for a Product Upgrae
I'm going to upgrade an older Raytheon/Raymarine system and need help with the Depth part. I want to update to two 12 inch eS systems with a Quantum Radar. That all seems easy enough. What do I do for depth? The current system has HSB Series Chartplotters and an L760 fishfinder. It has an Airmar Bronze Triducer Multisensor transducer. I guess I could just take depth from the network, but what's the best way to upgrade. This is a trawler yacht, so not doing any fishing, just need accurate depth for staying off the bottom.

Also, with two eS chartplotters, will they share the Navionics chart card?

Thanks, Hube
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-16, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-16 05:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Depth for a Product Upgrae
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Hube,

Q1. What do I do for depth? The current system has HSB Series Chartplotters and an L760 fishfinder. It has an Airmar Bronze Triducer Multisensor transducer. I guess I could just take depth from the network, but what's the best way to upgrade. This is a trawler yacht, so not doing any fishing, just need accurate depth for staying off the bottom.
A1. The currently installed transducer may be adapted (E66066 Transducer Adapter) to be mated to the TRANSDUCER socket of an eSx7 MFD. This will not only support supplying the system with depth data, but will also support the MFD Fishfinder application (which provides valuable bottom trending/bottom hardness/structure imaging).

Q2. Also, with two eS chartplotters, will they share the Navionics chart card?
A2. Yes. When interfaced to one another via an Ethernet network (in this case an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable), all data, features, and resources (except for NTSC/PAL video) will be shared between the networked MFDs.
11-10-16, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-16 12:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Great to hear it will be easy. So, no Digital Sounder Module (DSM) needed then?

Thanks, Hube
11-10-16, 12:50 PM
Q1. So, no Digital Sounder Module (DSM) needed then?
A1. Correct. The eSx7 MFDs (where "x" indicates the MFD's screen size) feature internal 600W 50/200kHz fishfinder sounder circuitry. Therefore you need only adapt and then interface the currently installed transducer to an eSx7 MFD.
11-10-16, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-16 03:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I must say I'm impressed with the ease of upgrading. Sold.

Thanks, Hube
11-10-16, 03:01 PM
You're welcome.