The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement Radar
11-11-16, 08:15 AM
Replacement Radar
I am looking to replace my existing Raymarine analog system with a new digital system. I upgraded my gps to an A127 model last year so of course the old radar is incompatible.

The existing old analog radar is an 48" open array. The old unit sits on a pedestal mount of close to 24".

It seems that I could go with any of the currently selling radar units. Note that I do not expect to be a heavy user of radar.

If I were to go with a new quantum unit (or any of the closed array units for that matter) my concern would be the new height of the active element being much lower than the current open array active element (above my hairline). The current open array has the motor/base that appears to raise the centerline of the open array active element about 14" above the radar unit mounting surface. A replacement open array would seem to raise the active element to about the same height as the old open array unit.

I guess my questions are:
1. The new quantum unit advertises a safer transmission energy. How safe?
2. Are there any dimensions available for the quantum unit?
3. Does the quantum come in different sizes? Not sure if it is 'going to look right' on my 40' sedan bridge.

I plan to data cable the new unit and not use wireless even if it is available.

Thanks

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Replacement Radar - Dhacker@craworld.com - 11-11-16 08:15 AM
RE: Replacement Radar - pressonjh - 12-20-16, 06:04 PM