Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade
02-21-17, 03:24 PM
RE: Upgrade
Understood. Thank you again for your continued help. I am sure you will be glad when I get it all put back together!

Brian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-17, 10:13 AM
You're welcome.
02-27-17, 03:40 PM
Chuck,
I have completed my wiring and am ready to move on to installing the pedestal. I read where and how I am to apply the denso paste. My question is related to sealing up the through holes since the radar is mounted on a hardtop that I'd prefer doesn't leak when I'm done with the installation!

Thanks in advance for your guidance

Brian
02-28-17, 09:59 AM
Brian,

Raymarine has made no recommendations regarding the sealants used for such purposes, but I imagine the sealant used would the same as type which would be recommended for any product which will be installed on the hard top and may someday want to be removed. You may want to consult with your Raymarine dealer (should they also perform installations) or with a dealer / manufacturer of marine sealants.
04-01-17, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-17 09:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Well, I finally have the helm back together after waiting for everything to show up. Yesterday I made all the connections and uploaded R17 to both the e95 and e97. After completing the software upgrade I checked to confirm that the devices had been upgraded. Both MFD's correctly show v17.46-00404.

Also, I can only see GPS data on the i70. There is no GPS data on either MFD. Both MFD's and the i70 are part of the Cockpit Group and I can change the back light accordingly on any of the devices. Both MFD's are able to share Fusion Radio, Chart, Radar, Cameras and Fish Finder apps.

The e97 is set as the data master and I can see the e97, e95, 4kW HD Color Array, Raymarine i70, RS130GPS, J2K100 (port), Bennett Trim Tabs, J2K100 (stbd), Axis M3024-L and Axis P-1204 on their respective networks in the diagnostic tab. Similarly I can see the e95, e97, 4kW HD Color Array, Axis P1204 and Axis M3024-L on the e95 diagnostic tab.

So, my only issue is:
-GPS data is not present in the MFD's

I appreciate any help in resolving these issues. I apologize in advance as I am sure it is something that I have missed!

Thanks
04-03-17, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-17 09:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Brian,

Have you use the Data Sources feature (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->DATA SOURCES) on the Data Master MFD to configure the system to utilize GPS data from the Raystar 130 GPS Sensor rather than the internal GPS receivers within the MFDs? Please click here to view a FAQ addressing Data Source Selection. Should source selection be blocked, then it is recommended that the third party devices be temporarily disconnected from the SeaTalkng backbone until Data Source selection for GPS data has been completed.
04-03-17, 02:20 PM
Chuck,

Well I was right. It was something simple that I overlooked! I followed your suggestions and am happy to report that I can now read GPS data across the entire network.

Now for some warmer weather and a few more weeks and I can try it on the water.

Thank you again for all of your help. It is appreciated.

Brian
04-03-17, 03:31 PM
You're welcome.