Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with compatibility upgrading my equipment
01-04-17, 08:02 AM
RE: Help with compatibility upgrading my equipment
Hey there

Just got my new equipment and am ready to install it.

I have, however, noticed that I may have missed something. Apparently, the ST60 that I intend to retire is the unit serving depth data to the network, as the transducer is connected to it.

I have also learned that the a95 that I got has spare NMEA cables on its power /data cable. It has a few PAIRS of cables that can be connected, but the transducer brings 3 cables to the St60, so I think I'm going in the wrong direction.

Is it possible to connect my legacy transducer straight into the a95? Will I need adaptor cables, or only a itc5 will do the trick?

Thanks!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-17, 09:27 AM
Q1: Is it possible to connect my legacy transducer straight into the a95?
A1: No.

Q2: Will I need adaptor cables, or only a itc5 will do the trick?
A2: Should you desire to interface the currently installed instrument depth transducer to your new system, then it may interfaced to the system via any one of the following methods:
- interface the depth transducer to an i40 Depth instrument which in turn has been interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which has been installed as part of the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone to which the MFD has been interfaced as a spur.
- interface the depth transducer to an i50 Depth instrument which in turn has been interfaced a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone to which the MFD has been interfaced as a spur.
- interface the depth transducer an iTC-5 which has been installed as a backbone component within the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone to which an i70S MFID (required for calibration of transducers which have been interfaced to an iTC-5) and the MFD have been interfaced as a spurs.
Find all posts by this user
01-04-17, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-17 10:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Considering I have also bought the i70s, and don't have neither i40 or, I 50, seems to me that the itc-5 is the way to go.

Thank you again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-17, 10:05 AM
You're welcome.
Find all posts by this user