Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken transducer bracket a second time.
11-23-16, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-23-16 09:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Broken transducer bracket a second time.
Hello to all
My bracket cracked where the bolt goes through on a dragonfly 5, i bought a new kit (transducer mount kit) i only needed the one part so it stung to pay for a whole kit when i only needed the bracket. The bracket broke again in the same place it seems to be a design fault as i havent hit anything and launch and retrieve easily and carefully.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated
cheers brian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-16, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-16 10:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Broken transducer bracket a second time.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brian,

Should too much force be exerted to the transducer, then the bracket may fail in the manner which you have reported. Such forces may not only be generated as a result of the transducer striking an object in the water, but also from excessive hydrodynamic force on the transducer, someone steeping on the transducer, striking at trailer bunk/roller, a transom tie down drawn across the transducer, etc. In order to ensure that the problem has not resulted from an incorrect installation, please position the transducer as best as is permissible in its original position and then take digital photos of the transom and the transducer which would indicate the transducer's position relative to the hull's bottom forward of the transducer. After doing so, attach these photos to a response to this post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply