Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathfinder RL80C Plus - No Chart Data
11-27-16, 12:02 PM
Question Pathfinder RL80C Plus - No Chart Data
I bought a 1996 Sea Ray 370 Sundancer this summer. I used it several times with the above unit working flawlessly. I purchased a second C-Map chart for Georgian Bay as we were taking a 9 day trip out there4.
The unit worked fine again. On returning at the end of the trip I started getting "No Chart Data" on the bottom left of the screen and the screen showed a grey colour with no markings except Way Points. The range button when moved to any other distance than 3 NM and 6Nm showed the nothing screens. Any idea what the problem could be and if so a solution.
The boat is out of the water for the winter so thought I might get som input to work on the problem over the winter.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-16, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-16 02:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Pathfinder RL80C Plus - No Chart Data
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rick,

The first step in resolving this issue would be to determine whether the chart card purchased is correct for the display. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Products which would have been installed on a '96 vintage vessel would have been branded Raytheon, but may have been updated. Should you need further assistance after verifying whether your display was designed to support C-Map NT or NT+ cartography, then please attach digital photos of the following to your response to this thread:
- your displays splash screen displayed during boot-up ... will reference either Raytheon or Raymarine
- your chart card's label.

The reported symptom may also occur when the chart card contains no data for the selected chart range in the geographic area being viewed.
12-02-16, 02:14 PM
Chuck - I have to thank you for the reply and info that you passed along.
I will get back to you when I have a chance to check the unit on the boat.
12-02-16, 02:57 PM
You're welcome.