Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
autopilot motor repair
02-24-16, 10:13 AM
autopilot motor repair
Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to buy spare parts for the evolution autopilot motor´s gear, as mine seem to have a broken pinion.
If it is not possible to buy separate spare parts, if you sell the motor unit only and which part number is it.
Finally, on either case, where in the Florida area can I buy those parts or how can I orden them to be shipped to an address in Miami, Fla.
Many thanks in advance for your attention.
Best Regards,
Fernando Cassini
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-16, 03:13 PM
RE: autopilot motor repair
What is the part number of the drive you're working with?
02-26-16, 08:24 AM
(02-24-16 03:13 PM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  What is the part number of the drive you're working with?

Hello Steve. I do not have the part number. The motor came together with the X5 autopilot for wheel (which is actually the "Evolution Autopilot"); As far as I can see, both autopilots (which I have bought both) use de same motor.
It comes inside the silver cylinder that goes attached to the wheel´s gear.

My initial question was if it is possible to buy spare parts for the motor of the autopilot (wheel model). If not, further questions are useless.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance!

Best Regards,

Fernando
02-26-16, 08:51 AM
Yes, we do have some spare parts for the MKII Wheel drive. The MKII wheel drive was the same wheel drive that worked with the X5 system. The earlier version of the wheel drive was the MKI which was black in color.
02-26-16, 11:25 AM
(02-26-16 08:51 AM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Yes, we do have some spare parts for the MKII Wheel drive. The MKII wheel drive was the same wheel drive that worked with the X5 system. The earlier version of the wheel drive was the MKI which was black in color.

Thank you for your fast answer, Steve. Now I have some other questions:

1) Where can I find the spare part´s list for the X5 or Evolution's motor that you sell?

2) Do you sell the whole motor as a replacement or can I buy the gear box of the motor in order to replace all the internal gears?

3) Is it possible to order the parts and have them shipped to your Miami's local dealer or to any other address in Miami? How can I do that?

Thanks again for your help.
Best regards
03-01-16, 10:00 AM
Unfortunately we don't have a published spare parts list available.

We have part numbers for the Motor - A18086 or the Gear Box - A18088.

I would recommend you purchase through your favorite Raymarine Dealer.

Dealer Locator : http://www.raymarine.com/display/?id=911
03-01-16, 10:22 AM
(03-01-16 10:00 AM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Unfortunately we don't have a published spare parts list available.

We have part numbers for the Motor - A18086 or the Gear Box - A18088.

I would recommend you purchase through your favorite Raymarine Dealer.

Dealer Locator : http://www.raymarine.com/display/?id=911

Hi Steve.
Many thanks for your information.

1. Are there any available images of those spare parts, to be sure that they are the ones that I need?

2. Where can I check your suggested prices for those spare parts, before consulting a Raymarine Dealer?
03-02-16, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-16 10:06 AM by Steve - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have enclosed pictures on the gearbox and motor. We don't publish list pricing, you will need to contact your favorite Raymarine dealer for pricing and availability.
03-03-16, 09:00 AM
(03-02-16 10:06 AM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  I have enclosed pictures on the gearbox and motor. We don't publish list pricing, you will need to contact your favorite Raymarine dealer for pricing and availability.

Thanks a lot, Steve!
Best Regards
03-03-16, 01:01 PM
Anytime. Contact us with any future questions.