Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV 200 recomendations
02-24-16, 10:21 AM
EV 200 recomendations
*****Im copying the below from old forum*****

Good Day:

I just got this from a customer:

" I have a 37 ft steel Ted Brewer Cutter that has a gross weight of 24,000 lbs, is 37 ft overall, 10.5 ft beam and draws 6 ft. The wheel from centre is hard over at 12 inches of travel on the quadrant. I have been considering the raymarine VE 200 with if required due to the 12 inches long arm. Can you supply this unit ?

Second is this the unit that you would recommend for the boat on a Pacific crossing? Please let me know your thoughts as to what would be correct for my boat and why.

*****This was the reply:*******
With that size of displacement, it would require a Type 2 short Mechanical Linear drive (under the Mechanical Linear tab) and EV-400 Sail system.

So I proceed to quote the following ( please note that CAPITOLS was the questions and comments from customer after my quotation)

T70161 EV-400 Sail Pilot Consisting of: $X
E22166 P70 Control Head
E70096 EV-1 Sensor Core
E70100 ACU-400 (Includes Rotary Rudder Reference)
R70160 Evolution Cable Kit OKAY SO YOU ARE SAYING THIS IS THE KIT FOR ME? IS THERE A SENSOR INCLUDED SO THE BRAIN KNOWS THE
POSITION OF THE RUDDER???

Note: Requires addition of a Type 2 or 3 Linear Drive, Hydraulic Linear or Type 2 Rotary Drive to Complete system.

M81131 023193811314 Type 2 short linear 12v (use with ACU-400) $X SO THIS IS THE UNIT RECOMMENDED FOR ME?THIS WITH THE
OR KIT RECOMMENDED ABOVE IS A COMPLETE PACKAGE? I DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE FOR THE SYSTEM TO FUNCTION? PLEASE CONFIRM.

M81133 023193811338 Type 2 short linear 24v (use with ACU-400) $X

Aprox Freight to Panama: X
DOES THIS INCLUDE IMPORT TAXES ETC?

LAST QUESTION....THIS PACKAGE IS FOR A SAILBOAT. DO I NEED ANYTHING ELSE TO SAIL TO THE WIND ANGLE I WANT? IF SO WHAT IS RECOMMENDED AND WHY? WHAT I ANTICIPATE IS POSITIONING THE BOAT AT THE WIND ANGLE I WANT AND SETTING THE UNIT TO STEER THAT COURSE UNTIL I SAY DIFFERENTLY. WITH THIS UNIT IS THERE ANY PROBLEM WITH THAT?

SECOND LAST QUESTION... WHAT IS THE MAX WEIGHT THAT THIS PACKAGE WILL BE RATED FOR? JUST AS A REMINDER ELLARE WEIGHS 24,000 LBS, IS 10.5 FEET WIDE AND 37 FEET OVER ALL. I DON'T KNOW THE WATERLINE LENGTH.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFO. I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING BACK FROM YOU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-16, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-16 03:35 PM by Steve - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: EV 200 recomendations
The part numbers to the EV-400 Sail pilot and the Type 2 Short linear drive is an autopilot. If you want to sail to wind, you would need a wind instrument providing wind data to the autopilot, is there an existing wind instrument on board?

The Type 2 Short Mechanical linear drive is rated for vessels up to 33K lbs.

Raymarine sells through distribution, you will need to contact a dealer to purchase Raymarine equipment and they will provide pricing and availability.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply