Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wind transducer through iTC-5
12-06-16, 02:55 PM
Wind transducer through iTC-5
My current system is as follows:
ST60 Wind + Speed + Depth + Repeater + Wireless remote on ST1;
ST1 into ST-STNG converter;
Evolution autopilot and e125 on NG side, with ACU400 powering the NG circuit. Everything works fine.

I just bought two i70s units + an i60 Wind display to replace the ST60s. I also bought an iTC-5 to consolidate the transducer cables below deck near the ACU400, so everything heads up to the deck via one NG backbone. I am keeping the ST60 repeater and remote (which are both mounted below deck at the nav station) through the converter for now.

I was under the impression that running the wind transducer into the iTC-5 would put the wind info on the NG network, but upon receiving the i60 I see that it still has provision for the wind transducer on it. Can I run the transducer through the iTC-5 or do I need to maintain the transducer connection directly to the i60? If running through the iTC-5 and backbone to the i60 & i70s's, does the wind data have any lag to it, in other words is it better to keep the direct connection of the transducer to the i60 as opposed feeding the i60 with NG only?

Thanks
Tim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-16, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-16 03:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Wind transducer through iTC-5
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tim,

Should the wind transducer be interfaced to the iTC-5, then it will need to be calibrated by an i70 MFID (Master). Should an i60 Wind Instrument be added to the system and the wind transducer remain interfaced to the iTC-5, then the i60 Wind Instrument and other i70 MFIDs (Repeaters) will repeat wind data from the Master i70 MFID via the SeaTalkng backbone. We have not been receiving complaints of significant latency issues concerning wind data reported by these instruments when installed in this manner.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply