Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MFD control of Rockford-Fosgate PMX-5
12-12-16, 08:12 AM
MFD control of Rockford-Fosgate PMX-5
I purchased an ES78 MFD this summer and had it installed. I was thrilled to learn from Raymarine news posts that the unit could control the Rockford-Fosgate PMX-5 stereo, so I rushed out and purchased one and had it installed.
Now I can't figure out how to connect the two units together.
I have read the stereo's manual and the MFD manual. I have searched the Rockford-Fosgate website and the Raymarine website. I have also searched Google numerous times. This information does not seem to exist.

How do I connect the two units together so they can talk to each other?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-16, 03:27 PM
RE: MFD control of Rockford-Fosgate PMX-5
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
01-31-17, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-17 08:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck - I followed your instructions on connecting the RF PMX-5 CAN and the e97 RM MFD unit I have. Now how do I get the PMX 5 to show up on the MFD? I can see that its connected under Maintenance/Add Device, but not sure what to do next.

Do I need a separate sMD card?
02-01-17, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-17 02:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Mark,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. In this case Rockford-Fosgate PMX-5 CAN is controlled via the MFD's Audio app. The features and instructions for use of the MFD's Audio app may be found found within Chapter 22: Audio application of the LightHouse II Release 17 Operation Instructions.