Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seatalk2 to STng
06-27-17, 07:20 AM
RE: Seatalk2 to STng
Q1/A1) I'm sorry I should've been clear this is the ST290 Instrument Remote keypad E22063. It's connected to ST1 but other than beeping, won't all you to cycle through control of each display, use Chapter buttons, up/down arrows etc. (Most importantly silence a WP Arrival).

A2) The ST290 system consists of the Data Display (2-line readout), 2 ST290 analog compass and wind instruments, a Graphic Display over the companionway and another Graphic Display down at the nav station.
It is the Graphic displays giving the waypoint arrival alarm.

Q3/A3) Autopilot is the S3G AST course computer, ST7001 controller and ST600R remote. I don't think there was any problem reported with the autopilot system, it was more a matter of where he happened to see the COG displayed correctly, whereas it's incorrect on the ST290 displays.

A4) That's unfortunate, I was hoping to just disable it to prevent the nuisance of separately having to silencing it after already acknowledging it at the MFD.

A5) All of the new equipment is running the latest software i.e. MFDs, ST converter, radar, RS130. Looks like the software available for autopilots only goes back the SPX series so I assume there's probably nothing available for the S3G. Same goes for the ST290 system, I couldn't find the software version in the menu tree anywhere but since this isn't supported anymore and I'm not sure how the DPU etc would even be updated it might be more trouble than it's worth.

Out of all of this almost all of the appropriate data is working across the network. The nuisance for the customer seems to be the inability to silence the WP arrival without having to leave the helm each time to press the button. The instrument remote isn't essential to work other than it would be nice to just hit a button there at the helm and have it work.
The display of the incorrect COG on the instruments isn't critical as it's accurate at the MFDs and on the autopilot, just odd as I'm not sure where it's getting that COG from.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Seatalk2 to STng - Kevin - 12-12-16, 03:03 PM
RE: Seatalk2 to STng - Kevin - 06-26-17, 01:19 PM
RE: Seatalk2 to STng - Kevin - 06-27-17 07:20 AM
RE: Seatalk2 to STng - Kevin - 06-28-17, 06:32 AM
RE: Seatalk2 to STng - tgsail1 - 12-01-17, 10:22 AM
[CA] RE: Seatalk2 to STng - tgsail1 - 12-04-17, 10:58 PM
RE: Seatalk2 to STng - tgsail1 - 12-08-17, 12:18 PM
RE: Seatalk2 to STng - tgsail1 - 12-23-17, 10:28 AM