Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electronics Upgrade
12-12-16, 06:06 PM
Electronics Upgrade
On my Mainship 30 Pilot II Sedan I currently have a Raymarine c70 which I use for a chartplotter it uses a 125 GPS antenna, a RL70c which I use for my 24" Raymarine analog radar a ST60 Tridata with thru-hull Speed and Transducer and Standard Horizon GX2200 VHF with AIS/GPS. They are all networked via seatalk 1 and the system works well. I would like to update to some new Raymarine components.

I am planning to keep the Standard Horizon GX2200 VHF with AIS/GPS and the ST60 Tridata with thru-hull Speed and Transducer and replace the c70 and 125 GPS antenna, RL70c and the 24" analog radar with the following:

1. a95 with Navionics+
2. a95
3. 150 GPS antenna with 10m cable
4. Raymarine RD424HD 4kW HD Color Digital Radome with 10m cable
5. Raymarine RMK-9 Multifunction Display Remote Control.

I understand that to network my ST60 with the MFD's I will also need the Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalk ng converter.

I have attached a PDF of what I believe my setup should look like. I am just not completely sure of the actual network wiring, especially, how to network an a95 MFD to the ST60 using the SeaTalk1 to SeaTalk ng. If you could look at the PDF and let me know if this setup is correct. Also, would I have all the RayNet and SeaTalk ng connectors included with the two a95 MFD's and SeaTalk 1 to SeaTalk ng converter kit to complete this project.

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-16, 04:35 PM
RE: Electronics Upgrade
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tamarow,

General diagram comments: Nice job. With respect to diagram corrections, the diagram should be modified to:
- remove the power connection to the ST60 Tridata Instrument, as the instrument will receive power from the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter
- show a blue SeaTalkng termination plug inserted within each of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's two blue backbone sockets
- show the SeaTalkng spur cable for the Data Master a95 MFD being connected to one of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's white spur sockets.

Q1: I understand that to network my ST60 with the MFD's I will also need the Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalk ng converter.
A1: Correct.

Q2: Would I have all the RayNet and SeaTalk ng connectors included with the two a95 MFD's and SeaTalk 1 to SeaTalk ng converter kit to complete this project.
A2: No. Appropriate lengths of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable will need to be purchased to interface the MFDs to one another and RMK-9 to one of the MFDs. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is supplied with a 4--mm SeaTalkng Spur Cable. Should this not be sufficiently long enough to permit the ST-STng Converter to be interfaced to the MFD, then appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable will need to be purchased.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply