Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transducer Capability
12-14-16, 12:32 PM
Transducer Capability
Installing a pair of eS128 MFDs on a center console with a 22 degree deadrise and a single outboard engine. Recently a RAYMARINE technician informed me that a CPT-S E70341 transducer would provide CHIRP Downvision capability. Reading the online RAYMARINE specification it does not appear to. From my research it appears I would need the CPT-120 A80350 for CHIRP Downvision capability. Please advise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-16, 02:35 PM
RE: Transducer Capability
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ZINGARA,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
01-03-17, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-17 04:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks, as a follow up question, would the AIRMAR B175HW Wide Beam Transducer be compatible with my eS128 chart plotter?
01-03-17, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-17 04:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ZINGARA,

High power (600W, 1kW, and higher wattage) CHIRP transducers cannot be directly mated to the TRANSDUCER socket of a MFD having internal CHIRP/DownVision Fishfinder Sounder circuitry (ex. ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, etc.) or a CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Fishfinder Sounder Module. Compatible high power CHIRP transducers would need to be interfaced to a CP470 or CP570 CHIRP Fishfinder Sounder Module, which in turn may be interfaced to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. Regarding compatibility of a third party transducer with a CP470 or CP570, please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. If adding a CP470 or CP570 to the system, then an A80319 B175 HW would be recommended. This same transducer is offered in tilted element versions (A80320 (12 degree) and A80321 (20 degree)).
01-04-17, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-17 11:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks. Will RAYMARINE offer a CHIRP DOWNVISION transducer that is a thru hull flush mount or any other options with a flush mount in 2017 other than those currently offered?
01-04-17, 11:58 AM
ZINGARA,

Raymarine does not currently offer any low profile CHIRP/DownVision transducers. Those having such requirements for a low profile CHIRP/DownVision transducer will commonly modify the hull with a pocket in which a CPT-110 or CPT-120 will be installed. The pocket will be designed to conform to the shape of the CPT-110 or CPT-120.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing information concerning future products.
01-12-17, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-17 01:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Based on your response, can I assume the AIRMAR B150M transducer would be able to connect directly to the eS128 MFD? If so, I would like to compare its' specifications with the RAYMARINE CPT-S E70341. As a reminder we will be fishing in the Chesapeake with a maximum depth of 125'. Could you provide detailed specs on the E70341 and I would appreciate any comments you may have regarding these two transducers. Thanks.
01-12-17, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-17 01:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ZINGARA,

The TRANSDUCER socket of the ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Sounder Module cannot be mated to the transducer which you have referenced. The TRANSDUCER socket of the ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Sounder Module is exclusively compatible with the CHIRP/DownVision Transducers found here. Any of the transducers found on the referenced web page would be perfectly suited for fishing in the waters of the Chesapeake Bay. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the frequencies utilized by CHIRP/DownVision transducers which are designed for use with the ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Sounder Module.