Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with product compatibility
12-16-16, 11:31 PM
Need help with product compatibility
I just picked up my first sailboat, a C&C 30, in project boat condition. It has no electronics aboard, but has what appears to be an ST50 wind sensor on top of the mast and a pipe through-hull transducer (metal pipe filled with epoxy and wires coming out). There may be more that I haven't dug out yet.

I assume that these connected to some kind of Raymarine instrument, but I don't know what they had in there. I need to install a chartplotter anyway, so would like to find one compatible with these sensors.

Any suggestions on how to verify the sensor types (attaching photo of the wind sensor) and determine what products would be compatible?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-16, 03:43 PM
RE: Need help with product compatibility
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum,

Q1. I assume that these connected to some kind of Raymarine instrument, but I don't know what they had in there. I need to install a chartplotter anyway, so would like to find one compatible with these sensors.
A1. Unfortunately, the ST50 Forward Wind Transducer pictured is not compatible with any of Raymarine's currently manufactured instruments and would need to be replaced should wind instrument data be required within the system. Wind instrument data from Raymarine equipment may be added to the vessel by any of the following means:
- install an i60 Wind System w/Masthead (part #E70150)
- install an E70327 i70S MFID, E70010 iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter, and E22078 Forward Wind Transducer.

Q2. Any suggestions on how to verify the sensor types (attaching photo of the wind sensor) and determine what products would be compatible?
A2. See the response to Q1 regarding wind data. Base upon the description of the thru-hull transducer, it sounds like it may be a depth transducer. However, without any identifying tag, it would not be possible to positively identify the transducer and then identify whether it may be used with or adapted for use with a Raymarine product. I would recommend inspecting the length of the transducer's cable to for an identification tag.
12-19-16, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-16 08:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, Thank you very much. I wish there was a more positive answer, but you provided just the information that I needed!
12-20-16, 08:33 AM
sdemore,

You're welcome. Should you need any assistance in identifying marine products for your sailboat, we stand ready to assist.