Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CP370 with M260 Loss of Bottom and Depth
12-17-16, 01:21 PM
CP370 with M260 Loss of Bottom and Depth
A customer with a CP370 and an M260 transducer is losing his bottom lock and depth after coming off plane in approximately 65' of water. He has tried power cycling his electronics which includes an E Series Wide MFD. It may take up to 2 hours before he regains his bottom picture. His M260 is topped off with marine antifreeze and the correct transducer is selected using 200 khz. All units are at the latest software version. I was unable to attach a short video he took after this occurred. However, I did attach a jpeg file that was distorted after the conversion process. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-16, 04:20 PM
RE: CP370 with M260 Loss of Bottom and Depth
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum baja [censored],

1) Had the M260 been successfully used with a DSM300 prior to installation of the CP370?

2) Does the problem occur when the system is operated in AUTO frequency?

3) What is the hull thickness and composition in the location where the transducer was installed?

4) If the customer commands the Ping Enable feature to OFF and then ON again, does the system find the bottom?
12-22-16, 05:59 AM
1. Yes, until the DSM 300 was replaced due to "no data source" problems. The CP370 was installed in April of 2015 and worked well with no issues through May of 2016. This problem just started occurring in November of this year when he returned to town.

2. Yes, he was in 200 khz auto when this problem occurred.

3. It is a Grady White factory installed transducer near the stern of the boat which has three outboards. I don't have information on the thickness but I know it is solid fiberglass.

4. I will ask him to try the Ping Enable toggling next time he goes out again as well as manually setting the range.

Thanks Chuck.
12-22-16, 10:58 AM
baja [censored],

Should the problem persist, then it is recommended that the CP370 be tested with another compatible transducer to fault isolate the problem to the transducer or CP370.