Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates from classic E120
12-17-16, 03:06 PM
Updates from classic E120
I am trying to update various Raymarine components of my system (e.g., Sirius Weather) using a CF card with firmware loaded from the website. Using the procedure outlined for updating using this MFD, I cannot get the MFD to recognized the CF card containing the firmware to be updated. Please note that I have multiple updates for multiple components on that card. And, I have an appropriately sized CF card (32 mb). A call to Raymarine technical support said that the problem was that I had multiple autorun programs on the card. I got rid of all but one, but still the problem persists. Can I only have the firmware for one component on the card?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-16, 03:27 PM
RE: Updates from classic E120
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Blue Rose,

The root level directory of the CF memory card should only be populated with the autorun.dob file and the .dob file for one of the devices to be updated at a time. Should this be the case and the MFD not be booting up to its software update screen, then this symptom would indicate that the CF memory card is not compatible with the MFD's bootloader. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply