Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
replacing lights in L265
12-20-16, 01:18 AM
replacing lights in L265
Only 1 light is still working in my L265 FIsh finder. I think there were 3 along the right edge of the display.
The case looks easy enough to open but will I be able to change the bulbs or are they some kind of LED that is wired in and unreplaceable?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-16, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-16 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: replacing lights in L265
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum wgander,

The L265/L365/L470 fishfinding products featured an array of 4 bulbs (Apelco/Raytheon/Raymarine part# G624091-1), the individual specifications for which are not available. Unfortunately, Raymarine can no longer provide parts and service for L265/L365/L470 fishfinder. Assembly/disassembly/repair instructions are outside of the scope of support offered by Raymarine. You may want to consider bringing the L265 to Batteries + Bulbs, as they offer electronics services which may well include servicing the L265's backlight. Before moving forward with repairing the L265's backlight, you may want to consider replacing the fishfinder ... it may be more cost effective given improvements in technology following the introduction of the L265 and increasing downward pressure on the price of marine electronics ... particularly products like Dragonfly fishfinders. If seeking a replacement for a L265, then please note that a Dragonfly Fishifnder or ax7 Multifunction Display would typically be recommended to replace this class of fishfinder. The ax7 MFDs may be adapted (via an E66070 transducer adapter) for use with transducers which had been designed for use with the L265/L365/L470 fishfinders.
12-21-16, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I don't think I'll replace the L265; I have a GPS with fish finder capability. I've only been using the L265 for to monitor depth because of the convenient location I put it.
12-22-16, 08:57 AM
You're welcome.