Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transducer Placement on Mako Proskiff 17 CC
12-21-16, 08:09 PM
Transducer Placement on Mako Proskiff 17 CC
Can someone please guide me to as where to place the transducer on the back of my new Mako ProSKiff 17 CC...I have heard center, starboard side..I have included photos of my hull and transducer...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-16, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-16 12:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Transducer Placement on Mako Proskiff 17 CC
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Deannelsonrn,

From the transom view, the hull appears to be similar to tri-hull designs (like the Classic Whaler that I once owned), but its three hulls carry through to the transom. It it recommended that you consider installing the transducer on the lower inboard side of the starboard hull. Mounting the transducer too high on the hull may expose it to air trapped between the center and starboard hulls. As these hulls typically have little draft while on plane, the hull's design may expose the transducer to an aerated flow of water at higher speeds, causing the sounder to lose contact with the bottom until boat speed is reduced.
12-23-16, 07:40 AM
Thank you for your answer... But I am a little confused....inboard?....How would I do that?....doesn't the transducer need to be "in" the water?...would I have to cut a [censored] in the hull?.....Are there different transducer that I would need?

Thanks,

Dean
12-23-16, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-16 10:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dean,

In nautical terms, a reference to inboard is intended to indicate in a direction which is further toward the boat's keel ... in the case of tri-hull designs, further toward the center hull's keel. Accordingly, the transducer must be mounted on the transom, but should be mounted to the port side of the starboard hull's keel.
12-23-16, 07:35 PM
Aweeeee ok thank you ..and thanks for your patience..
12-23-16, 10:11 PM
You're welcome.