Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 MFDs rebooting
01-04-17, 09:47 PM
E120 MFDs rebooting
I bought a 2010 boat 9 months ago with an original Raymarine electronics package. Other than some intermittent depth sounder/fish finder drop outs, it has worked great, until this last weekend.

What I have:
2 e120 displays in the pilothouse and 1 on the flybridge. The flybridge is not used often.
ST70 Autopilot
ST60 depth sounder
Raymarine Radar
Raymarine 218 VHF

This last weekend, the two e120 displays started to continually reboot. They would shut down and reboot themselves, appear to function normally for about 10 seconds then reboot again. Powering down the electronics and then re-powering had no affect. This would occur while under way with the engine as well as at the dock plugged into shore power.

If I left the e120 set as the repeater off, the master e120 would still reboot. I did attempt to leave the master off and just boot up the repeater. It did not immediately reboot but did not have any GPS data.

The ST70 autopilot continued to function normally the entire time without of course being able to set any waypoints. It would however continue to hold course.

No changes have been made to any of the electronics nor any updates. A few week prior we had gotten into some heavy weather and took a bit of a pounding but the systems continued to function normally that trip and the beginning of the trip this last weekend.

I need some ideas as what to do to try and identify the problem and either fix it or have it fixed. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-17, 09:12 AM
RE: E120 MFDs rebooting
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dhays,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
01-06-17, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-17 08:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank a lot. I will.
01-06-17, 08:33 AM
You're welcome.