Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin GND10 to SeatalkNG
01-09-17, 12:09 AM
Garmin GND10 to SeatalkNG
We recently replaced nearly all of our older electronics with new Raymarine. We did NOT replace our Nexus, now Garmin wireless wind/depth. Not important, but we added an additional Raymarine depth to our system, connected to our eS127 MFD.

We have a Garmin GND10 (we needed it to reprogram our receiver). So, what do we need to connect it to our SeatalkNG network? I think this will work?

A06046 SeatalkNG to NEMA (female) cable (we have a NEMA cable that came with the GND, with a male end)

A06064 5 way connector, which will replace a T we have, and therefore remove the requirement to add an additional backbone cable.

I noted elsewhere that you believe that the GND10 will not pick up power from the Seatalk network. So we will need to power the GND10 separately, correct?

Thanks in advance,

Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-17, 02:12 PM
RE: Garmin GND10 to SeatalkNG
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

It is recommended that Garmin be contacted to verify that either the GND10's NMEA 2000 communications socket or its NMEA 2000 communications port feature a DeviceNet Micro-C socket or plug. Should its NMEA 2000 communications cable be terminated with a DeviceNet Micro-C (M) plug, then an adapter having a Devicenet Micro-C (F) plug will be required. After determining such, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. From the limited information which I could find on the GND10, it would appear that the GND10 is designed to be powered by a NMEA 2000 backbone ... it is recommended that this be verified with Garmin. If so, then it should draw power via its NMEA 2000 spur connection to the SeaTalkng backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply