Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wind transducer setup
02-06-17, 10:17 AM
RE: wind transducer setup
Charlie,

It is possible that the report problem may be the result of having incorrectly interface the products to the SeaTalkng backbone. Should your diagram accurately reflect how each device has been interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone, then you have incorrectly interfaced the i70, a78, and p70 to the SeaTalkng backbone. Specifically, your diagram is incorrect with respect the following:
- the diagram incorrectly shows a backbone cable connection from the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector to the i70 MFID
- the diagram incorrectly shows a spur cable running from the i70 MFID to a SeaTalkng T-Piece to which the a78 MFD has been interfaced as a spur
- the p70 is incorrectly shown connected to the backbone socket of the SeaTalkng T-Piece to which the a78 MFD has been interfaced as a spur

Should the i70, p70, and a78 MFD be located within close proximity to one another such that they may be daisy chained together within a spur that was less than 6m long, then these items may be daisy chained to one another and to the SeaTalkng backbone via appropriate lengths of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. In such a daisy chain, the a78 MFD would need to be the last item within the daisy chain as it features only one SeaTalkng spur socket.

Should the wind problem persist after the above listed backbone issues have been addressed, then it would be recommended that both the wind transducer and pod be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
wind transducer setup - charlie98117 - 01-09-17, 01:47 PM
RE: wind transducer setup - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-06-17 10:17 AM
wind transducer setup - Marcmmm - 12-04-17, 10:56 AM