Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot shut off AIS silent mode to off
01-16-17, 07:03 AM
Cannot shut off AIS silent mode to off
Good Morning , I have tried to search FAQ for the answer to a dead end
My AIS silent mode stays on all the time and I cant switch it to off. This has been since I bought he E127. I read the AIS silent mode entry on this forum but cant understand it. .........Any ideas . I am using lighthouse 11 and I am hoping installing 17 will help .
THANKS FOR ANY HELP
ALTERBOY
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-17, 11:39 AM
RE: Cannot shut off AIS silent mode to off
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Alterboy,

What make/model of AIS transceiver has been installed onboard the vessel. If the AIS transceiver was manufactured by Raymarine, what is the color of its Status LED? If the AIS transceiver was manufactured by Raymarine, what version of software is installed within it's memory? If the AIS transceiver was manufactured by Raymarine have you verified that its Silent Mode leads have been not been joined to create a closed circuit between these leads? How has this AIS transceiver been interfaced to your system (NMEA 0183, SeaTalkng, or both)?
01-25-17, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-17 11:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have a AIS650 Class B
Prod # E3258R Purchased 12/20 /2012 Registered with RM
Serial #AE321580320506

Using a e127 E70024R Serial # 0620254
INTERFACED WITH SEA TALK
leads have not been crossed

I also have a letter from support that sent me 2 cards to try to fix the
Silent mode always on problem.

AIS is reading solid green .
THanks for the help .
Alterboy
01-25-17, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-17 12:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Tom,

When the AIS650's Status LED is illuminated and green, then the AIS650 is NOT operating in Silent Mode. When not operating in Silent Mode, the AIS650 will broadcast your vessel's data to other nearby AIS receivers and transceivers. How have you determined that the AIS650 is operating in Silent Mode?

Have you updated the AIS650 with the latest software? If so, have you verified the version of software installed within it via the MFD's Select Devices List (only possible for AIS650s which have been interfaced via SeaTalkng (not SeaTalk) communications protocol). What version of AIS650 software is specified within the MFD's Select Devices list?

Have you updated the MFD's software, and if so, have you verified that it is now via the Select Devices List? What version of MFD software is now specified within the MFD's Select Devices list?

Have the AIS650's NMEA 0183 leads been interfaced to anything?

Can I assume that "leads have not been crossed" is a reference to the AIS650's Silent Mode leads?