Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lighthouse Chart with poor image definition
01-16-17, 05:30 PM
Lighthouse Chart with poor image definition
Hello,

I dowloaded Lighthouse Brazil Raster chart, to use in a Dragonfly 5 pro Sonar / GPS.

I am experiencing a problem with the chart: from a certain location, the map definition becomes very poor and no map information is displayed (please see images attached).

I appreciate your assistance in trying to resolve this issue.

Thank you very much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-17, 01:28 PM
RE: Lighthouse Chart with poor image definition
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Andre,

Please provide the approximate coordinates of the location where the chart has the reported appearance.
01-17-17, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-17 04:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello,

Approximate coordinates are:

lat: -23.7182
lon: - 45.3215

Problem started to happen as I moved from this point towards East.

Many thanks,

Andre
01-17-17, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-17 05:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Andre,

From what I could determine using the LH Brazil cartography (see the succession of screen snapshots below duplicated with a MFD running v17.46 software), it appears that the symptoms which you have reported are indicative of there either being no higher resolution cartography available for the area in question (screen snapshots below from an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD running v17.46 software). Based upon my experience, I believe that the problem is most likely rooted in the Brazilian HO not having electronic raster cartography of higher resolution for the depicted area. The LH Charts developer has confirmed that higher resolution cartography is not available for the area which is being over-zoomed. However, the latest Brazil LH Charts update is expected to have more coverage in this area and may be available to download within a week. Accordingly, is recommended that the LH Charts Store be checked periodically to determine when updated Brazil LH Charts have been released.
01-19-17, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-17 10:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi,
Thank you very much for your support. I will keep checking the LH Charts Store to see if new charts become available.

That area is a pretty popular area for navigation and I am likely to visit the area often, so, in case I cannot get a better chart from LH, are you aware of any other chart compatible with Dragonfly 5 Pro that would have improved detail of that area?

Many thanks.
01-19-17, 10:56 AM
Andre,

Dragonfly displays which have been updated with the latest available software updates are also compatible with Navionics Gold, Navionics Plus, and C-Map 4D cartography. Navionics permits customer to view the nautical cartography via their website to permit customers to make an informed decision regarding the availability and detail of the cartography available for there area. You may click here to view the Navionics web page which I have referenced. This Navionics web page may be panned and zoomed to suit your needs.