Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120/SeaRay Navigator Upgrade ?
01-19-17, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-17 10:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E120/SeaRay Navigator Upgrade ?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ryan,

Q1) It was recommended to install one of each to have both sounders onboard. Please confirm?
A1) Please see your other post regarding use of the currently installed DSM30/300 compatible transducer to support 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder sonar imaging by either MFD within the system. While it may have been recommended to have an eSx8 as well as an eSx7 MFD onboard, it would be necessary to interface the eSx8 MFD to a compatible CHIRP/DownVision transducer to display CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar imaging and DownVision fishfinder sonar imaging within the system.

Q2) A new HD Color Radome will terminate directly into one of the eS MFDs. No issues.
A2) Confirmed. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q3) I'll use a SeaTalk 3-way junction to connect my existing Ray240 into the MFDs using the NG converter kit and spur to an eS for connectivity. Any issues?
A4) The available SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter software does not support DSC position reports to be bridged from SeaTalk to SeaTalkng. This feature would be required if seeking to have the MFD automatically plot the positions included DSC position reports. Should this be desired then the Ray240 should instead be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 Port 1 of either of the MFDs.

Q4) I'll use the same 3-way junction to connect my existing SmartPilot S2G. Any issues?
A4) Confirmed. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q5) I'll add the SA150 GPS antenna directly to an eS. No issue.
A5) As Raymarine does not offer a GPS product having the name SA150, it is assumed that you mean GA150. If so, and as the system will feature two GPS receivers, the Data Master MFD's Data Sources feature will need to be exercised to specify which MFD wil be used as the source of GPS data for the system.

Q6) I'll add a CAM220 directly into an eS. No issue.
A6)Confirmed

Q7) Assuming I can use the E66066 adapter for the existing DSM300's transducer for a direct connection to one of the new eS MFDs does it matter which MFD (the 127 or the 128) it connects to?
A7) See the other post that you created in which I had addressed this subject.

Q8) There's also an existing AIS500 on board. How would that connect?
A8) It is recommended that the AIS500 be interfaced to powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone formed by the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how additional spur sockets may be added to a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng backbone.

Q9) there's also an SR100. Looks like another simple STHS connection.
A9) Please note that the system which you will be creating now appears to feature more than four compatible devices having an Ethernet communications interface (i.e. eS127, eS128, SR100, HD radome, IP Camera). For this reason, it is always best to list all devices to be included with the system prior to listing one's questions or presenting issues with the system. By doing so, we can ensure that e correct advice is provided within the initial response. Some of the earlier asked questions within this response are now superseded based upon the addition to the SR100 to the system's equipment list. As the MFDs only one two Ethernet Network communications interfaces, it will be necessary to install a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Rather than interfacing the IP camera, HD radome, and SR100 to the MFDs, it is instead recommended these devices, as well as the MFDs, instead be interfaced directly the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. The Digital Radar Cable will be interfaced to power and to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. MFDs will each be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. The IP Camera will be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an assembly constructed from a R32142 RJ45 to RJ45 Waterproof Coupler and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RJ45 (M) Cable. The SR100 will be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an assembly constructed from an A80272 RayNet (M) to SeaTalkhs (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q10) Regarding all of these MFD connections (radome, NG backbone, GPS antenna, IP camera, transducer, etc) do they all need to connect to one "master" MFD where the 2nd is a "slave" or could connections run to each for all of the system data to be shared back and forth? Adding the AIS and/or SR100 will overflow to the second MFD and/or require a switch. What is best?
A10) See the response to Q9 regarding how the devices having an Ethernet communications interface will be networked together. Devices having a NMEA 0183 communications interface may be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 leads of Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable of either MFD. The Data Master MFD will be interfaced as a spur to the aforementioned SeaTalkng backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: E120/SeaRay Navigator Upgrade ? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-19-17 10:47 AM