Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120/SeaRay Navigator Upgrade ?
01-23-17, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-23-17 10:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E120/SeaRay Navigator Upgrade ?
Ryan,

Q1) From Q2) I understand the Ray240 is to be wired to the (data master) MFD via the 4 NMEA wires from your previous response, but what does that have to do with the it being connected to the D244, and further how does that impact the S2G and it's connection to the AP control head? I was planning to add the S100 to the other side of the control head. Sorry, you confused me there.
A1) The Ray240 will no longer be interfaced to the SeaTalk bus. Its NMEA 0183 leads may be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 leads of either MFD's Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input cable. As indicated, the autopilot control head should be disconnected from th autopilot course computer's SeaTalk port and instead connected to the aforementioned D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. After doing so, then you may indeed daisy chain the S100's Wireless Base Station to the second SeaTalk port of the autopilot Control Head.

Q2) From Q3) Why would I need 4 spurs? I only would have the (data master) MFD and the AIS500 connected. What am I missing?
A2) There was a typo within my prior response ... should have specified 3 spurs. The SeaTalk to Seatalkng Converter features two spur sockets. Of the devices which you have identified, a spur socket will be required to accommodate each of the following:
- Data Master MFD
- SeaTalkng Power Cable
- AIS500
- Repeater MFD (not required, but often interfaced to support using another MFD as the system's Data Master or for system redundancy (would also require either installing a second GA150, or reconnecting the GA150 to the other MFD (should the Data Master MFD be switched OFF or suffer a failure, or interfacing a Raystar 150 GPS Sensor as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone (this is the most common method of redundancy employed).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: E120/SeaRay Navigator Upgrade ? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-23-17 10:25 AM