Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120/SeaRay Navigator Upgrade ?
02-20-17, 03:16 PM
RE: E120/SeaRay Navigator Upgrade ?
I was able to use a standard / off-the-shelf Cat5e cable to make this work. Upon further inspection the previously noted G-Series Highspeed Patch Cable, 10M (E06056) in my parts list indeed only uses 2 twisted pair, not the 4 required for PoE. Issue resolved. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-17, 12:07 PM
You're welcome.
02-22-17, 06:50 PM
Everything except the new radar is now connected and everything is working except for one (new) issue:

What's working: CAM220 is flawless, legacy S2G AP is integrated via ST converter and I can control it from the new MFD's, the GA150 is providing a position fix (even through the building's roof that my boat is currently stored in), and the legacy Ray240 is picking up the GPS fix through the NMEA 0183 leads/connections.

What's not working: Using the E66066 adapter for the legacy DSM300's transducer (the DSM300 having been removed) I'm no longer able to obtain depth/sonar imaging and the water temp displays a readout for a few seconds then goes blank for a few seconds, back and forth.

What's most odd is that until today the fish finder functionality was working just fine, albeit the boat is out of the water. I was getting a steady blue sonar stream, constant depth readout, and a constant water temp readout. The only setup change made today was the integration into the STng backbone of a SmartCraft NMEA 2000 Gateway. (Which appears to be working despite not being able to fully test, again, as the boat is out of the water in storage.)

That said, in an effort to troubleshoot I unplugged the gateway from the SmartCraft backbone and the problem still exists. I also disconnected the VesselView's NMEA 0183 leads that were previously capturing a depth readout from the MFD in an effort to isolate the issue. Didn't work.

The MFD bounces between a solid blue screen (no streaming) that gives no depth reading and says "internal sounder" in the top left corner, to a white pop-up that says "Selected sounder unavailable". And repeats the cycle every few seconds.

Any ideas what could have caused and/or be the issue?
02-23-17, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-17 01:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ryan,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. While a brief fishfinder test may be conducted to verify that the sounder produces a plot, prolonged operation of the transducer while the boat is out of the water is not recommended, as it may cause damage to the transducer.

The reported issue may be indicative of a problem within the transducer, the adapter cable, or the internal 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder circuity of the MFD. Fault isolation would typically be perform by testing the MFD and adapter cable with compatible transducers which were known to be operational. Should the transducer have suffered a failure, then it would need to be replace. Should the MFD's internal 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder circuity have suffered a failure, then it should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Should the adapter cable be determined to be intermittent or have a failure, then it should be returned to the dealer for replacement. Naturally, Raymarine's Product Repair Center would also be able to test the MFD and adapter capable should you not be equipped or not desire to perform the aforementioned fault isolation yourself.