Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Route and Waypoint Transfer over the Network
01-18-17, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-17 07:27 PM by Bill Kneller.)
Route and Waypoint Transfer over the Network
Having the ability to transfer routes and waypoints via the gpx file format on the newer series Raymarine MFDs is a great improvement over the old FSH file format. The Lighthouse manual explains how routes and waypoints may be saved to the MicroSD card. On systems that have MFDs connected via SeatalkNG and SeatalkHS, is it possible to transfer files without removing the MicroSD card?

I now have a PC connected to the SeatalkNG bus via an Actisense NGW-1-USB and am using OpenCPN to do route planning. I can also send an active route or waypoint to the SeatalkNG bus using OpenCPN. Currently for route planning I store the information to the MicroSD card and sneaker net it to the e125 MFD. Is is possible to transfer these files directly?

Bill Kneller
Vento Solare, J/109 #266
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-17, 09:40 AM
RE: Route and Waypoint Transfer over the Network
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

At this time waypoint and route transfer between an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD is limited to the following methods:
- via GPX file(s) stored on a microSD memory card
- via Wi-Fi from the Navionics boating app. While Voyage Planner software had once supported Wi-Fi transfer of waypoint/route data, Wi-Fi transfer from/to Voyage planner to the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs is not presently supported.

Raymarine has logged a feature request to consider support for waypoint/route transfer via SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 within a future a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply