Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e9 and e12 MFD
01-21-17, 06:26 PM
e9 and e12 MFD
I have the new e9 and e12 MFD. I am using an existing Airmar B744 transducer and have the displays networked together sharing the Quantum radar and the B744. What would I need to use the new chirp downvision technology with these displays? Is it just a new thru hull transducer or do I need a sounder module also? I would un network the displays and use the B744 for one and the chirp on the other.

Thanks!

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-17, 03:18 PM
RE: e9 and e12 MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Should neither of the MFDs be an eS98 or eS128, then a CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Fishfinder Sounder Module and compatible CHIRP/DownVision Transducer (ex. CPT-120) would need to be interfaced to the system. Should one of the MFDs be an eS98 or eS128, then a ompatible CHIRP/DownVision Transducer would simply need to be installed and then interfaced to the eSx8 MFD's TRANSDUCER socket. There is no need to disconnect the MFD's from one another to have the system support both CHIRP/DownVision fishfinder sonar imaging and 50kHz / 200kHz conical fishfinder sonar imaging.
01-23-17, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-17 10:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So then, I could have a transducer connected to each MFD and they will still share the radar and use independent sonar? The displays are just e127 and e98 NOT es......
01-24-17, 10:18 AM
Tony,

While Raymarine has produced a product having the name e127, Raymarine has not produced a MFD having the name e98. However, Raymarine has produced products having the names eS127 and eS98.

Q. So then, I could have a transducer connected to each MFD and they will still share the radar and use independent sonar?
A. If one MFD was an ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 and the other MFD was an ax8/esx8 (where x indicates the MFD's screen size), then it would indeed be possible to interface the MFDs to one another to support sharing of all system resources (radar, cartography, etc.) yet have each MFD which has been interfaced to a compatible transducer display fishfinder imagery from the interfaced transducer, from that of the transducer which is interfaced to the other MFD, or to simultaneously display fishfinder imagery from both of the transducers.