Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
depth finder compatability
01-25-17, 12:48 PM
depth finder compatability
Hi Chuck
Hoping you can help me out. I have a new i40 depth instrument and I bought a new, old stock transducer (airmar B16, also has a tag saying Raytheon 10008 with many more numbers) from ebay. Seller said it will work with
i40. I test connected all and put ducer in about 10' depth. The only readout I get is depth range 1.6 -1.8 ft. My question is are these two units compatible?
Hope to hear from you soon. Boat launching Monday. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-17, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-17 01:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: depth finder compatability
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gary,

The Raytheon 10008 B16 transducer was designed for use with Raytheon fishfinding products which had been discontinued almost 25 years ago. This transducer would not have been recommended for use with Raymarine depth instruments nor with any currently manufactured Raymarine fishfinding products.

It is recommended that you verify that the i40 has been configured to report depths in feet rather than meters or fathoms. Should this be the case, then it is recommended that you verify that it i40 has not been configured with a depth offset (known also as a keel or waterline offset). Should no offset be configured then the instrument will report depth below the transducer. Should the depth below the transducer not be accurate, then it is possible that the fault may be rooted in the transducer or the instrument. It is recommended that the i40 Depth be tested with a compatible Raymarine Instrument Depth Transducer which has been connected to the i40 Depth and then has simply been suspended over the side of the boat. I suspect that you will find that the problem is rooted in an incompatibility with the currently installed B16 transducer. Should the test transducer yield similar results, then it would be recommended that the i40 Depth instrument be returned to the dealer for replacement (if purchased within the last 30 days) or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced (if purchased more than 30 days ago) .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply