Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Disconnect Button?
07-03-16, 10:02 PM
Quick Disconnect Button?
Hi, I have an EVO-400 with a pair of P70R controllers, one for each helm. I think it would be useful to have a way to quickly disconnect "go to Stby" for the pilot while underway. Reaching for the controller is an extra motion and long reach with my installation when in fact the instinctive action one wishes to take is to grab for the throttles to make a power adjustment and disconnect at the same time.

Is there a discrete input available to the EVO-400 or the P70R's that I could use to trigger a disconnect if I were to fashion such a switch at my throttles?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-16, 12:52 PM
RE: Quick Disconnect Button?
Lothar,

It is indeed possible to do as you have suggested. Please see Section 3.8 Sleep switch connection — ACU-200, ACU-300, ACU-400 of the Evo lu t io n EV-1 , ACU-1 0 0 , ACU-2 0 0 , ACU-3 0 0 , ACU-4 0 0 Installation Instructions. A Sleep switch disables the operation of the autopilot while retaining any power supplied to the SeaTalkng bus (the comment regarding powering of the SeaTalkng bus only applies to backbones being powered by the ACU).
06-16-17, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-17 02:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello, same question for an older installation, where the controller is a ST-8001 and the pilot is a S3G course computer, is there a way to provide a quick disconnect button as the reach to the ST controller is longer than it should be.

Thanks, Lothar
06-19-17, 02:02 PM
Lothar,

Should you examine the terminals of the S2/S2G/S3/S3G, you will find that they feature a pair of terminals labeled "OFF SWITCH" which are designed for the purpose which you have inquired about.
06-20-17, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-17 10:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. One point of clarification: does the 'OFF SWITCH' respond to a momentary closure of two contacts and when it does, what is the result? Pilot goest to standyby?

Thanks.
06-20-17, 12:06 PM
Lothar,

Q. One point of clarification: does the 'OFF SWITCH' respond to a momentary closure of two contacts and when it does, what is the result? Pilot goest to standyby?

A: Should these terminal form a closed circuit, such as would be achieve either through use of an ON-OFF switch or Momentary-ON switch, then the autopilot should revert to Standby Mode. One may evaluate this feature by simply connecting two short leads to the OFF SWITCH terminals and then shorting the leads.