The unit is displaying the following:

============================
Raymarine Initialization
<WPT> Reset to factory defaults
<BACK> Exit and start the application

Select a key
_

==========================

Nothing happens when pressing any keys other than holding down the power key which restarts the unit.

The unit restarts, the Lighthouse logo is displayed on the screen for a few seconds, then the following character string comes up in the top left corner:

^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C^[[C

screen then goes back to the 'initialization' screen above.

I"ve cut power to the unit from the breaker...when I go up to the unit after power turned off and back on, it's already in the above process....can't turn it off with the power button and it just recycles the above

thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-17, 04:23 PM
RE: e7 stuck in initialization mode?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum kalakai,

It is recommended that you remove any microSD memory cards from the MFD's memory card reader, switch OFF power to the MFD, wait one minute, and then switch power ON to the MFD. Should the MFD not boot normally, then it is recommended that WPT button be pressed to reset the MFD. Should doing so not permit the MFD to start up correctly, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. However, should the MFD start up properly after having removed the chart card or having Reset the MFD, then it would be recommended that the microsD memory cards be inspected with a computer to ensure that the do not contain any software update files within their root level directories. Should there not be any software update files stored within the root level directories of the microSD memory card, and the microSD chart cards contain chart data, then it is recommended that the chart data stored on these chart cards be updated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply