Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly 6 with CPT-60 issues
01-25-17, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-17 04:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dragonfly 6 with CPT-60 issues
I have had the Dragonfly 6 on my boat since 2015 and have intermittent issues.

The GPS takes a long time (>5 minutes) to acquire a lock and occasionally loses location lock while underway. My boat is a small center console with soft top, it could be an issue with not having clear line of sight but my phone has no issue with GPS in the same spot.

The worst issue is that the sonar locks up, depth readings and downvision/sonar screens stop updating. The only way to recover is to reboot the MFD which clears up the issue for about 15-20 minutes.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-17, 04:25 PM
RE: Dragonfly 6 with CPT-60 issues
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jlochner,

After the Dragonfly has completed initialization, it will typically acquire a GPS position FIX within a few minute and should be expected to maintain a GPS position FIX unless shielded from skies overhead (ex. passing under a bridge). Should the problem persist, then it is recommended that the display be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Regarding the depth problem, it is recommended that you verify that your Dragonfly display has been updated with the latest available Dragonfly software update, as the symptom which you have described may well be attributed to older software. If so, does the problem occur when the vessel is stationary, or only when moving at planing speeds or speeds approaching plane?
01-25-17, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-17 09:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the response. I definitely need to update the software, is there anyway to power up the unit without the connector from the transducer (unit is not on the vessel until spring)?
01-26-17, 09:16 AM
jlochner,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.