Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding a C95MFD to Garmin GNX20 Instruments
01-27-17, 06:08 PM
Adding a C95MFD to Garmin GNX20 Instruments
I recently purchased a 35ft C & C that has pretty new (less than one year old) Garmin GNX Instruments and transducers. I would like to add a C95 MDF and a P70 Auto Pilot. I'm pretty new to this so my question is..Will all of these "speak" to each other? If so, do I need any converters or adapters of any kind?

Thanks in advance, Don
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-17, 02:09 PM
RE: Adding a C95MFD to Garmin GNX20 Instruments
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Don,

Per the Garmin GNX instruments documentation, these devices have NMEA 2000 communications interfaces. Accordingly, the currently installed NMEA 2000 backbone may be extended using Raymarine SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 networking components or Garmin NMEA 2000 networking components to create additional spur sockets to support the installation of an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD and an Evolution autopilot. Should you opt to extend the Garmin NMEA 2000 backbone using Garmin NMEA 2000 netowrking components, then you may use the A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Spur Adapte or A06076 / 39.4in (1.0m) DeviceNet (M) to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter. Should only these two additional Raymarine products be installed, then the backbone extension will need to include four additional spur Ts (three for the Evolution autopilot components and one for the MFD).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply